Mission/Role: The Membership Committee is responsible for recruiting, maintaining, and providing services to the membership of MPA. The committee monitors membership trends; collects information to assess members’ needs in order to facilitate the analysis and transfer of this information throughout the Association and encourages the development and promotion of member benefits in order to maintain high levels of membership; identifies ways to reach out to non-member segments of the psychology community in Maryland to encourage them to join MPA; and, to increase membership.
Accomplishments this Past Year: In the fall, we conducted a telephone and email drive to reach out to more than 200 members who had not renewed their memberships as the renewal deadline approached, to encourage them to renew their memberships and discuss any concerns or questions they may have had. This spring, in collaboration with other committees, we created and distributed a survey to members to gather their perceptions and opinions regarding member benefits, communications, and continuing education. Other activities during the year included increasing our outreach to the newly-licensed, staffing a membership table at the MPA convention, considering several possible changes to the dues structure for student/early career members, considering possible new member benefits, and generating additional recruitment ideas.
- The interpretation of member survey data.
- The distribution and analysis of a non-member survey to ascertain reasons for non-membership and to generate ideas for future recruitment efforts.
- Preparation for the fall membership renewal telephone and email outreach.
- Conduct membership outreach at all major MPA functions.
- Increase attendance at MPA networking events.
- Explore the use of social media in reaching out to members and potential members.
- Identify and work with member-liaisons at academic centers, to promote early membership in MPA.