Chair: Rebecca Resnik, Ph.D.
Mission/Role: The Membership Committee is responsible for recruiting, maintaining, and providing services to the membership of MPA. The committee monitors membership trends; collects information to assess members’ needs in order to facilitate the analysis and transfer of this information throughout the Association and encourages the development and promotion of member benefits in order to maintain high levels of membership; identifies ways to reach out to non-member segments of the psychology community in Maryland to encourage them to join MPA; and, to increase membership.
Accomplishments this Past Year:
Reviewed current membership fees and considered last ten years of membership rates, prior to successfully recommending a modest increase in dues to keep pace with inflation.
- Introduced 10% discount for active duty military members.
- Developed a monthly calendar of staff and committee responsibilities throughout the membership cycle.
- Supported Diversity Committee demographic questionnaire project.
- Coordinated outreach to lapsed members throughout the year.
- Developed a resource with information on business models and membership dues structures for all state psychological associations and shared with staff.
- Created and sent email invitation to psychologists in Maryland who are APA members and not MPA members.
- Conduct membership outreach at all major MPA functions.
- Increase attendance at MPA networking events.
- Explore the use of social media in reaching out to members and potential members.
- Identify and work with member-liaisons at academic centers, to promote early membership in MPA.