Chair: Amber Miles
Mission or Role of Committee: MPAGS is the graduate student arm of the Maryland Psychological Association (MPA). It is an organization oriented toward unifying graduate students throughout Maryland and surrounding areas. MPAGS is dedicated to supporting fellow students in their collective development as leaders and advocates for the field of psychology.
Accomplishments this Past Year:
- Held final event: Stigma in the Field of Psychology
- Great attendance and student participation!
- Recruiting for 2019-2020 board
- Several current members staying on board
- Restructuring some roles to encourage continued participation on board
- Outlining possible events for next year (mentorship event in the fall, advocacy training, etc.)
Current Initiatives: : Current initiatives include continuing to expand our membership base and increasing events that reach students throughout the area.