Ex officio staff: Richard Bloch, Esq.
Mission/Role: The Ethics Committee provides guidance and education to MPA members regarding ethical aspects of professional conduct. The Committee neither investigates, adjudicates, nor mediates ethical complaints.
MPA Members with Ethics questions should call the MPA office at 410-992-4258 to receive contact information for the Ethics Committee. Members can also find frequently asked questions in the Members Only section of this website. (You will need your member log-in information.)
Accomplishments This Past Year (2018-2019)
- Responded to 45 calls (so far) since July 1, 2018, regarding ethics inquiries from member
- Provided 3-hour CE workshop on ethics for members and nonmembers
- Reviewed the Ethics section of the MPA website
- Provided committee members with education and discussion of the committee’s procedures, a model of ethical decision making, APA Guidelines, and applicable state regulations
- Wrote articles for The Maryland Psychologist
- Selected new Chair, Cindy Sandler, and Co-chair, Colleen Byrne.
- Added new member Kim Sanschagrin, Ph.D.
Current Initiatives and Future Goals: Continue to respond to members’ calls; instruct new committee member on procedures and content for responding to calls and integrate her into the call rotation; complete and submit regular TMP articles.
Meeting schedule: Second Thursday of each month at the MPA office.