Co-Chairs: Julie Bindeman, Psy.D., and Nicole Newhouse, Psy.D.
Mission: To advise the MPA Board of Directors on all matters concerning legislation, help the association form legislative position statements, and encourage members to take an active role in legislative advocacy. The legislative committee helps to facilitate grassroots involvement in, and input into, legislative matters at the federal and state levels.
Accomplishments this past year:
- Tracked over 3000 bills that were introduced this legislative session
- Offered letters of support and testimony
- Implemented Legislative Academy to make the process more accessible for members
- Hosted “Ask A Shrink” in Annapolis as a way to meet legislators
- Legislative record that included assisting MSPA and passing Ready to Read bill.
- Preparing for the 2020 Legislative session
- Working to increase contributions to MPA’s Legislative Fund and PAC